Biolab: Biomedical Engineering Group
The research activities related to biomedical signal processing and interpretations are aimed at obtaining innovative signal processing techniques to be used on evaluation of the electrical manifestations of muscle fatigue, and gait analysis. Recent improvements allow us to assess the electrical manifestations of muscle fatigue during repetitive, highly dynamic, and complex movements, like, for example, swimming and skiing.
The group owns the Biolab Laboratory.
The group research interests are related to:
Temi di ricerca
- Biomedical signal and image processing and classification
- Clinical studies
- Computer Aided Diagnosis (CAD) systems
- Development of biomedical devices
- Human motion analysis
- Innovative technologies in ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging
- Medical software
- Modeling and interpretation of physiopathological processes using cellular and histopathological images