Global Navigation Satellite System Reflectometry (GNSS-R)
GNSS R exploits navigation satellite signals reflected from land surface, water, or ice. Geophysical properties of the reflecting surface as soil moisture, can be derived. GNSS-R has a wide range of applications including weather forecast, climate research, and agricultural alerts systems.
This activity started with the regional project SMAT for the detection of soil moisture in Piemonte.
Currently, machine learning and statistical techniques for the analysis of remotely sensed data are applied in cooperation with the Department of Surveying and Geoinformatics, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Nanjing, China.
- PE7_6 Communication technology, high-frequency technology
- PE10_14 Earth observations from space/remote sensing
- PE6_11 Machine learning, statistical data processing and applications using signal processing (e.g. speech, image, video)
- Global Navigation Satellite System
- Soil moisture
- Global Navigation Satellite System Reflectometry
Gruppi di ricerca
Persone di riferimento
- SAVI PATRIZIA - Responsabile