Member of Interdepartmental Center (SmartData@PoliTO - Big Data and Data Science Laboratory)
+39 0110904195 / 4195 (DET)
- Full Professor at the DET Department, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Director of the Image Processing and Learning group
- Coordinator of the “ICT for Smart Societies” M.Sc. degree program, and a committee member of the PhD program in Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering at Politecnico di Torino.
- IEEE Fellow
- Co-recipient of 2011 TGARS and 2019 IEEE Multimedia best paper awards
- Published over 90 journal papers, with 5900+ citations and an h-index of 40 on Google Scholar
- Obtained an ERC Starting grant (consolidator type) and an ERC Proof-of-Concept Grant
- Founder and President of ToothPic start-up
- Deep learning for image and video analysis
- Image and video compression, compressive sensing, satellite imaging
- Graph signal processing
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Elevated to IEEE Fellow, “for contributions to compression and communication of remotely sensed imagery”, from Jan. 2017.
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer for CAS during 2015-2016, giving six keynote talks in Brazil, France, and Malaysia.
- IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society 2011 Transactions Prize Paper Award.
- IEEE Multimedia 2019 Best Paper Award.
- Best Student Paper Award (3rd place) at the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), as senior author.
- Best Paper Award at the 2019 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP).
- Best Paper Award at the ESA/CNES On-Board Payload Data Compression Workshop, 2016.
- 2010 Best Reviewer Award of IEEE JSTARS.
- 2011 and 2014 Best Associate Editor Award of IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology.
- Member of the team that won the prize for “best 5 ideas” at the European Innovation Academy in 2016 with the ToothPic Authenticate business concept.
- Member of the team that won the challenge “PROBA-V super-resolution” organized by the European Space Agency in 2019.
|Scientific branch||ING-INF/03 - TELECOMUNICAZIONI
(Area 0009 - Ingegneria industriale e dell'informazione)
|Skills and keywords||
ERC sectorsPE6_7 - Artificial intelligence, intelligent systems, multi agent systems PE6_11 - Machine learning, statistical data processing and applications using signal processing (e.g. speech, image, video) PE7_7 - Signal processing
KeywordsArtificial intelligence Data compression Deep learning Image compression Image processing Inverse problems Machine learning Point clouds Satellite images Signal denoising
|Scientific responsibilities and other assignments||
Awards and Honors