SCUQIS – Secure Communication Using Quantum Information Systems
The main objectives of the project are:
- Study and implementation of coding in higher-dimension (d>2) Hilbert spaces (qudits, hyper-entanglement), namely:
- Experimental generation, investigation, and application of two-photon states entangled in more than one parameter;
- Generating multimode states for quantum information (ququarts based on polarization-frequency entangled photons);
- Theoretical and experimental search for multi-photon entanglement.
- Study of the propagation of non-classical states and security of protocols, namely:
- Study of the effect of propagation through a fiber on two-photon entanglement;
- Study of free-space transmission and atmospheric effects;
- Investigation of the security of quantum communication protocols in higher dimensions in a realistic operative situation.
The joint research will be carried out by four teams, two of them mostly providing experimental part of the program (INRIM-Turin, Moscow University and Kiev Institute) and the other focusing on numerical studies (California State Univ., Los Angeles and Politecnico di Torino). All the teams have considerable background in quantum optics; in particular, during the last five years there has been intensive collaboration between the teams of Turin and Moscow in the field of two-photon light generation and investigation.
Consulting and Research Contracts
NATO Science For Peace Project
Politecnico di Torino
|Web site||Project site|